Position: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager (Ref: KHSZ/MELM/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve
HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager (MEL Manager) based in Dar es Salaam.
Work with Kizazi Hodari leadership team to provide technical support in results-based planning and budgeting, program monitoring and evaluation. Ensure that the MEL system is cost effective, resultsoriented and provides USAID and the program with the necessary information to assess the progress, effectiveness and outcome of activities.
- Lead and provide technical support in adaptation and implementation of programs monitoring, evaluation and learning framework including understanding and integrating set performance indicators.
- Oversee data quality assurance activities across all supported areas by identifying key challenges, proposing, and overseeing strategies to address them.
- Provide program summaries and work with field data teams to build capacity to provide summaries of the performance indicators each quarter.
- Work with MEL officers to develop and present quarterly, semi-annual and annual program performance reports to program team and R/CHMTS during program review meetings.
- Work in collaboration with PEPFAR and MoH to provide needed technical assistance in strengthening the national HIV/TB M&E system.
- Coordinate reporting activities during reporting period.
- Facilitate utilization of reports at community, facility and district level for program planning, management and evaluation.
- Ensure ProDMIS is updated monthly and the availability and use of other data management systems (DHIS2, CTC2 Database and TrainSmart).
- Ensure proper documentation of success stories and support abstract preparation for program staff on a quarterly basis.
- Build the capacity of R/CHMTs, site manager and health workers to use program reports for decisions making more in annual financial planning and in quality improvement activities.
- Provide training to the strategic information team and partners on M&E tools, data analysis, data management and reporting to enable better collection, monitoring and use of data for the program.
- Support implementation of mHealth initiatives for the program (SMS Reminders, Unified Referral Case Management system and Viral Load Tracking System).
- Work within the budget and proactively drive cost effective interventions across the regions.
- Provide technical support to Kizazi Hodari project learning activities to contribute to an increased evidence base for OVC services.
- Work in collaboration with M&E and technical staff to design, implementation of program learning activities.
- Ensure the lessons learned are integrated into projects implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- Participate in the design and conduct operations research as needed.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography, Health Informatics or related field
- A minimum of seven years with at least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation related to health programs
- Demonstrated experience with data management, designing M&E systems and relevant working experience with three years at supervisor level
- Experience in Orphans and Vulnerable Children projects
- Advanced skills in use of MS Office tools and applications and statistical analysis tools
- Strong knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM), MER indicators and Tanzania HIV data management systems
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it
MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.