Seeking a motivated, professional early childhood teacher with a heart for missions!
– Long-term class teacher position from Aug. ’20 – June ’21, with potential to be extended (on-campus in Tanzania if situation allows, otherwise online)
– Potential for promotion to Early Childhood Coordinator, based on abilities, willingness, and performance review
We are looking for experienced teachers who are:
• Qualified and certified in early childhood education
• Passionate about education
• Excited about being part of and contributing to a growing young school and its community
• Willing to live out their Christian faith in and out of their classrooms
Does this sound like you? If so, you may be just the person we’re looking for to join the CCIS team. The school is located in beautiful Arusha, Tanzania. International teachers at CCIS are oftenaffiliated with a mission organization or a like-minded church in their passport country. Our teachers receive a fair living allowance which covers housing, utilities, and day-to-day expenses. Airfare is not covered, but with a simple lifestyle, teachers can save enough for a round-trip ticket each year.
✓ Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or equivalent
✓ Understanding of play-based and inquiry-based learning
✓ Servant heart, an attitude of grace, committed to supporting a loving school culture
✓ Demonstrated experience and commitment to building and supporting a multicultural community
✓ Flexible and adaptable to meeting school’s needs
✓ Willingness to listen and learn from other cultures and denominations
□ 3 years’ classroom teaching experience
□ Creativity and solid planning skills within our CCIS curriculum model
□ Familiar with British Curriculum EYFS
□ Committed to Christian education and the challenges of Missionary and Third-Culture-Kid education
□ Self-motivated with an ability to motivate others
Housing and required permits included
Level of Language Proficiency
Some Kiswahili or willingness to learn a plus!
Interested candidates, please submit your Curriculum Vitae/Resume, cover letter, and 3 references