Dar es SalaamPosted 28 mins ago
Hutchison Port Tanzania , located at Dar es Salaam, is the country’s largest container terminal.The Port of Dar es Salaam handles more than 75 percent of Tanzania’s trade and is a vital gateway not just to Tanzania, but also to eastern, central and Southern Africa. The port is strengthening its role as the county’s maritime gateway, investing in modern IT systems and mobile equipment while constantly improving its productivity levels, efficiency and customer service.
Hutchison Port Tanzania is a member of Hutchison Ports, the port and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). Hutchison Ports is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator with a network of port operations in 52 ports spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia. Over the years, Hutchison Port has expanded into other logistics and transportation-related businesses, including cruise ship terminals, airport operations, distribution centres, rail services and ship repair facilities.
We are seeking applicant from suitably qualified, motivated individuals to fill position of
Electrical Technician in our Engineering Department.
Overall Purpose of Job
The successful applicant will be responsible to carry out maintenance, fault finding and major & minor repairs on port equipment and heavy diesel engine equipments.
To take part in carrying out equipment preventive maintenance and practical hand on in electronic drive repair, troubleshooting using PLC. Perform breakdown repairs whenever required and be pro-active in identifying opportunities to improve plant, machinery reliability and performance. Carry out fault finding and diagnosis of problems affecting plant/equipment and systems taking corrective actions to anticipate and prevent downtime and thus maximize production/equipment availability. Attend to the immediate repair like starter motor repair, motor and generator repair. Ability to do any engineering modification and reconditioning of machine elements, pneumatic, hydraulic and brake systems, reads and interprets hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams for accurate trouble shooting, to participate in the pre-planning of preventive maintenance programme, carries out all work in a prompt, thorough and professional manner paying particular attention to safety and quality of workmanship.
Qualification and skills level
This occupation has a level of education and skills to enable the candidate to perform assigned tasks in accordance with TICTS working standards. The following are the minimum requirements.
Applicants should possess.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical/ Electromechanical/ Electronics Engineering to FTC Level from recognized Higher Learning Institution. Or National Vocational Award NVA Level 3 in following fields Electronics (ELEC), Auto Electric (AE).
- A minimum of Five (5) years working experience in in maintenance of heavy diesel engine equipment with hydraulic controls.
- Hands on experience over 5 years in electronic drive repair, troubleshooting using PLC, starter motor repair, motor and generator repair, Ability to do any engineering modification and troubleshooting.
- Simple report writing and records maintenance.
- Skills in Basic traction and mechanical principles and practices of hydraulics related to pumps, electrical magnetic brakes.
- Sound Experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC), control software and hardware.
- Good understanding of the functioning of generators, engines and traction machinery or Quay cranes and Rubber Tyre Gantry cranes.
- Excellent problem analysis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highest level of integrity and ethics compliance.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate fluently in English and Swahili.
- Computer knowledge would be an added advantage
If you meet the above criteria, please apply in the strictest confidence to the address below enclosing:
- Motivation letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of certificates
- Three referees who will not be contacted without your consent
The Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services
Ltd P.O. Box 71442, Dar es Salaam
Application deadline is 27th May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.