Table of Contents
Field Production Supervisor Job Vacancy At Bayer AG
Dar es Salaam
Bayer AG is a German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ‘Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity, and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities, and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. But if you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
- Plan and coordinates seed production activities with seed growers to meet the seed availability-, and quality standards required. Ensures the efficient use of human resources, equipment, and materials.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Plan and coordinate seed production planning which includes the following activities:
- Grower selection and recruitment building strong grower network and maintaining good relationships and trust.
- Grower contracting according to Bayer seed grower agreement.
- Coordinate and supervise key cultivation activities from field selection, soil preparation, planting, weed, insect control, fertilizing and irrigation monitoring.
- Coordinate key processes, planting, detasseling, harvesting and deliveries to processing plant.
- Lead HSE efforts according ISO45001 standards focusing on legal compliance and identifying safety risks applying the HIRA methodology.
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Record field data in Velocity platform, to manage productions activities effectively.
- Comply with TOSCI seed certification standards and requirements
- Lead continuous improvements efforts through data analysis identifying focus improvement initiatives.
- Increase end-to-end operational efficiency and advance customer experience through continuous improvement initiatives.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Minimum a diploma or bachelor degree in agronomy or 3 year experience in seed production.
- Fluent in English
- MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Project etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative
- Strong teamwork capability (flexibility to work across the areas and positively influencing others)
- Making informed decisions on a timely manner.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
How to apply