POST: FLAG AND PORT STATE CONTROL OFFICER II – 2 POST
POST CATEGORY(S): ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
EMPLOYER Tanzania Shipping Agencies Corporation (TASAC)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-09-17 2021-09-30
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the process for tonnage measurement or marking of vessels before registration in accordance with the applicable regulations;
- To assist in arrangements pertaining to ship registration, deregistration, mortgages and liens and any other matters related to registration and licensing of vessels;
- To prepare the necessary a certificates or documents for issuance to the applicants in respect of registration and licensing of vessels; and maintain ships registered or licensed;
- To assist in carrying out surveys and inspections for Tanzanian flagged vessels and foreign flagged vessels calling in Tanzanian ports;
- To assist in the process of carrying out Maritime casualties or incident preliminary investigations;
- To assist in the preparation of a certificates or detention notices to be issued to vessels;
- To ensure that individual objectives/targets and performance standards are developed as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior; and
- To perform other official duties as assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma either in Nautical Science, Maritime Transportation, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or Chief Mate on a ship up to 3000GT (STCW regulation II/2) or second Engineer Officer on Ships up to 3000kW propulsion power (STCW regulation III/3).
REMUNERATION AS PER TASAC SALARY SCALE
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 September 2021.