POST: MARITIME REGISTRATION OFFICER II – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S): ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
EMPLOYER Tanzania Shipping Agencies Corporation (TASAC)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-09-17 2021-09-30
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the process for tonnage measurement or marking of vessels before registration in accordance with the applicable regulations;
- To assist in the process for ship registration, deregistration, mortgages and liens and any other matters related to registration and licensing of vessels;
- To assist the process for the determination of vessel stability and carrying capacity;
- To assist in preparing of the necessary a certificates or documents for issuance to the applicants in respect of registration and licensing of vessels; and maintain central records of ships registered or licensed;
- To assist in carrying out surveys and inspections for Tanzanian flagged vessels and foreign flagged vessels calling in Tanzania mainland ports;
- To assist in the process of carrying out Maritime casualties or incident preliminary investigations;
- To assist in the preparation of a certificates or detention notices to be issued to vessels; and
- To perform other official duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma either in Nautical Science, Maritime Transportation, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chief Mate on Ships up to 3000 GT (STCW regulation II/2) or Second Engineer on ships up to 3000kW propulsion power (STCW regulation III/3).
REMUNERATION AS PER TASAC SALARY SCHEME
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 September 2021.