Fleet Officer (1)
Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to Direct: Logistics & Procurement Manager
Location Kasulu with frequent travel to field
Work Days & Hours Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Supervises Direct: Driver
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for overseeing MTI’s fleet of vehicles to ensure that fleet is efficiently utilized, maintained and accounted for. Provides technical supervision to Drivers.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of fleet management systems and policies in compliance with MTI and donor requirements
- Responsible for using Unit 4 ERP system to track and manage expenses in line with budget and ensuring resources are utilized efficiently and with integrity, paying special attention to fuel consumption and liaising with Finance and Operations departments to ensure availability of fuel funds to support field operations
- In liaison with Logistics Officer, ensure that timely vehicle movement plans are prepared according to MTI and donor policies and procedures to ensure the efficient movement of MTI assets, patients and personnel; share regularly with SMT and relevant MTI staff
- Maintain GPS tracking system, conduct field training and utilize tracking data for informed decision making.
- Participate in annual fleet management needs assessment and planning; assist in fleet lifecycle management from procurement to disposal
- Plan technical vehicle specification and maintenance schedules; monitor drivers to ensure regular inspection of fleet and contracted vehicles and maintenance/repair work in accordance with MTI and donor policies
- Conduct spot checks to physically verify MTI fleet assets and analyse management of assets; review condition reports for the purpose of insurance, sales and purchase
- Assist in the establishment and management of supply and maintenance contracts for MTI fleet workshops
- Prepare complete fleet management reports to MTI management for informed decision making
- Develop and implement in liaison with Logistics Procurement manager a training and development plan for fleet staff to improve skills, safety and security and efficient use of transport resources
- Works closely with security team to ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use
- Supervise all Drivers and coordinate all movements of office-related activities
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transport and Fleet Management, Logistics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required
- Professional Certification in CILT, CPSP or CIPS will be an added advantage
- Engineers Registration Board (ERB) registration an added advantage
- Training in basic mechanics is an added advantage
- 4 years of experience in Logistics or Fleet, including 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- Experience in Workshop Management is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of fleet management systems, GPS tracking, fleet maintenance and driver training
- Knowledge of budget management
- Skilled at managing fleet and logistics
- Skilled in mentoring and building capacity of direct reports
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Fleet Officer”.
Application Deadline: 7th of January 2022 at 1700HRS.