Logistics & Procurement Manager(1)
Team: Operations Grey Sections for HR Completion
Reports to (position):Operations Director
Workdays & Hours:Monday-Friday, 40+ hours/week, occasional weekends, and public holidays
Travel:Regular travel to field
EEO Job Class: N/A
If Manager of Staff, Positions Supervised: (directly & indirectly)
Procurement Officer, Logistics Officer, Store Officer#
Last Update: 13/12/2021
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The Logistics and Procurement Manager is responsible for overseeing all procurement and logistics strategies and activities, in line with all related regulations, to facilitate all Medical Teams operations in Tanzania.
- Responsible for directing and monitoring the daily implementation of country logistics and procurement activities.
- Lead procurement and logistics staff in development and implementation of group and individual work plans in line with country and global strategies
- Responsible to ensure that all logistics and procurement processes are carried out in line with Medical Teams policy and procedures and in line with government and donor requirements.
- Coordinate all country level supply chain activities including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, warehousing, asset management; apply distribution control techniques to optimize stock levels.
- Manage procurement process in accordance with Medical Teams policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner, the protects and benefits Medical Teams activities
- Participate in writing expressions of interest, project proposals, developing budgets, procurement plans, and project performance analysis reports.
- Provide training, mentoring, and regular support for staff in the use of Unit 4 ERP system for logistics and procurement processes.
- Ensure hard copy and digital logistics and procurement paperwork is filed properly and available for audits.
- Lead the creation and revision of country-specific logistics and procurement SOPs and systems.
- Lead in the management and tracking of all ongoing procurement processes.
- Lead tender processes as the Tender Focal Point
- Track and manage supplier contracts and work closely with user departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation; support timely vendor payment by ensuring all required documentation is submitted completely and on time.
- Assure suppliers deliver in accordance with contracted standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
- Assist in annual procurement planning process and, providing reports to management as required to support decision making.
- Develop and maintain a database of suppliers of goods and services.
- Provides procurement research, guidance and direction by presenting available procurement options, especially in the procurement planning process.
- Lead on the development and monitoring of logistics and procurement quality assurance systems
- Ensure the procurement and disposal of commodities are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure proper management of fleet and fuel resources.
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities.
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures in line with policy.
- Provide mentorship and capacity building for staff involved in logistics and procurement.
- Support safety and security tasks as delegated, including updating security guidelines, security briefings, incident reporting, etc.
- Ensures safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
- Ensure integration of logistics and procurement functions with other departments to promote strong coordination in support of programming activities.
- Provide key information necessary for decision making to Senior Management related to Procurement.
- Represent Medical Teams to stakeholders at all levels for activities related to procurement.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
- Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technicians Board (PSPTB) with Professional certification (CPSP, CIPS, CILT, CPP, CPPM, CDPP, CPDW)
- Master’s Degree Preferred (MBA in Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or any other related field)
- Minimum 5 years of procurement and logistics management experience, inclusive of at least 2 years of supervisor experience is required.
- Experience with specific Grant rules and regulations on Procurement, Asset & Inventory Management, and Disposals Procedures by donor such as (UNHCR, USAID, ECHO, Other UN Agencies, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience working with a busy and reputable business organization especially International NGO is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of global supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, distribution, fleet management and asset management.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems
- Demonstrated understanding of donor-specific logistics procedures and grant requirements.
- Highly skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory logistics.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Skilled in managing a budget.
- Skilled in communication and leading a team.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- A good command of both written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Skilled in mentorship, training, supportive supervision and capacity building
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security and appropriate use of assets.
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used
Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, and copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to remote areas where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Logistics & Procurement Manager”.
Application Deadline: 7th of January 2022 at 1700HRS.