As part of implementation of the National Higher Education Policy of 1999, the Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) was established under Act No. 9 of 2004 and commenced operations in July, 2005. Among other things, the Board has been entrusted by the Government with the responsibility to issue loans to students pursuing Advanced/ Higher Diplomas and degree studies at accredited higher education institutions in and outside the country and to collect repayment for all loans issued to students since 1994, so as to make the scheme successful and sustainable.
According to the Act, eligible and needy Tanzanian students who secure admission in higher education institutions to pursue academic programmes that lead to attainment of Advanced/Higher Diplomas or Degrees may seek loans from HESLB to meet part of, or all costs of their education.
This stipulation is the legal interpretation of paragraph 6.2 of Higher Education Policy (1999) which ushered in cost – sharing in the provision of higher education in the country. Cost – sharing in higher education is construed to mean a shift in shouldering at least part of the costs of education from the Government, which had hitherto been the main financier, to the beneficiaries.
Higher Education Students’ Loans Board Loan application Updates 2018/19
- HESLB : Guidelines and criteria for Issuance of loans for Diploma and non-degree students 2018/19
- HESLB Loan Application for diploma students 2018/19
- HESLB : How to apply for HESLB diploma loans 2018/19
- HESLB Loan Allocation 2018/19
- HESLB Loan Application 2018/19
- HESLB Selected Students 2018/19
- HESLB News and Updates 2018/19
- HESLB Tanzania Login 2018/19
- HESLB Contact Details 2018/19
- HESLB Tanzania Guide Book 2018/19
- HESLB Application Form 2018/19
- HESLB Applicants Loan Status 2018/19
- HESLB Loan Application Deadline 2018/19
- HESLB How to Apply 2018/19
- HESLB Loan Repayments 2018/19
- HESLB for Continuing Students 2018/19
- HESLB Eligibility Criteria 2018/19
- HESLB Appeal Forms 2018/19
- HESLB Loan Defaulters 2018/19
- HESLB for Masters 2018/19