IDEX Global Accelerator 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs (Scholarship available)
Applications are invited for the IDEX Global Accelerator 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs. IDEX is developing the next wave of “Social Intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world!
This Fellowship is for young professionals from across the globe who want to deep dive into the social impact sector and get first hand experience of working in one of India’s most popular and vibrant social enterprise destinations, Bangalore. Fellows choose a sector of their interest such as Education, Health, Environment and Energy, Women’s Empowerment, Livelihoods, Impact Investing etc., to base their full-time placement with an organisation for 6 months in India.
The program is committed to helping fellows make the transition to social enterprise practitioner by enabling immersive learning experiences and having them ideate, develop, prototype and test solutions in an environment that encourages co-creation and collaboration, all while also learning from peers, resident mentors and sector experts.
3 Week Virtual Orientation + 1 Week Field Orientation to induct you into India’s social sector and prepare you for the next six month field experience
24 Weeks Social Enterprise Placement in India where your professional growth will be matched by personal growth while equipping you with the right tools to excel
Supported with relevant and progressive Professional Development Learning Labs covering themes of Human Centered Design, Resource Mobilization, Communications Strategies and Impact Assessment
Capacity Building Workshops & Meetings led by Subject Matter Experts and Mentors-in-Residence who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields
- The Tangible
- Pre-departure Virtual Training
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months)
- Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
- Monthly capacity building workshops
- Networking opportunities
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors and a curated curriculum
- A one-week Orientation in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise
- The Intangible
- Strategically transitioning your professional skills to service the development sector in one of the biggest emerging markets
- Adding professional credibility with this one of a kind, on the ground experience
- Being engaged with an incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows bring to the program
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities
- A global family for life!
- Scholarship: IDEX is a tuition-based fellowship program, however, through funding from generous sponsors, IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates for use towards program tuition.
They are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations. IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- Early Bird Application Deadline – August 31, 2019
- Application Deadline – September 30, 2019
For more information, visit IDEX Accelerator.