North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Inventory Officer to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- To ensure that all inventory is effectively managed through item creation, inventory accuracy and change control in accordance with Policies and procedures and respecting standards for safety and environment
- Plan and execute cycle counting and stock counting program in line with corporate requirements.
- Ensures that all stock counts are planned and that all activities required prior to and after the stock count are completed
- Ensures that all stock variances are investigated, and that corrective action is implemented to address the root cause of the variance
- Ensures all stock data is updated so that the physical stock and system stock are accurately represented
- Implements audit systems to verify that all transactions relating to any adjustments made are entered without exception
- Prepares and allocates various reports related to inventory management; Trains all warehouse operatives in good warehousing practice to ensure that stock items are placed and transferred correctly and that the necessary transactions are completed in SAP.
- Reviews and provides the information for reconciliation of stock values between finance and the store
- Manages the master data creation process and receives all item master input data and reviews for alignment to business rules, and ensures that no duplicate items or master data is created by understanding data base and interacting with the users
- Ensures that all suppliers identified are approved on the Approved supplier list prior to submitting the request to the Group Master Data Specialist
- Reviews and Maintains changes requested to master data on the system
- Trouble shoot issues experienced by the users related to the master data or the SAP System
- Ensure all standard inventory reports have been run at the defined frequency, and that they have been issued
- Train users on the business rules for master data creation and accessing of data and reports
- Ensures that the standards in terms of safety and environment are adhered to in the workplace and during operations covered by the inventory controlling team.
- Organizes and implements a filing system for all documents generated by its activities in accordance with procedures.
- Perform any other tasks related to the overall objective of the position or department.
- Applies proper policies and procedures in the field of inventory management
Bachelor’s degree and experience in Logistics and Supply Chain or related fields.
Experience and Competencies needed
At least 3-5 years of working experience in Inventory Management
Excellent safety record
Females are encouraged to apply.
Basic computer knowledge on Microsoft Office and any mining software.
Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license