Open Position: Irrigation Foreman – Mechanical
Office Location: Kilombero, Morogoro
Reports To: Agriculture Engineering Manager
Date of advert: 25th April 2023
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating
cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest,
hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
The Irrigation Foreman Mechanical is responsible for achieving maximum availability and capacity of all irrigation pumps and equipment, this will be achieved through managing bulk water and in-field related infrastructure maintenance and capital budget, ensuring agricultural equipment realises agreed capacity and performance levels and ensuring implementation of preventative / reactive maintenance initiatives and plans to reduce costs and downtime.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with the teams, achieve daily, weekly and monthly targets ensuring that tasks are
prioritised and planned in a logical, systematic and cost-effective way to optimise profitability.
- Contribute to developing maintenance and capital budget with section head and finance team and manage costs effectively.
- Monitor performance, support and advise teams in solving problems and/or taking corrective action.
- Monitor standards for setting, operating and maintaining equipment and ensure instructions are adhered to.
- Manage work quality to reduce rework and increase agricultural pump reliability.
- Ensure maintenance and reliability of irrigation pumps and equipment the estate and ensure maintenance plans are aligned to achieve this.
- Ensure continuous improvement by implementing functional best practices and conducting physical inspections.
- Monitor and manage team and individual performance daily against minimum standards and targets
- Provide teams with necessary tools and equipment to perform work effectively
- Monitor performance and take corrective action where required
- BSc Irrigation engineering, Agricultural Engineering or Equivalent from recognized a institution
- 3-5 years’ experience in planned maintenance systems
- A strong Irrigation infrastructure maintenance background and an availability to work methodically
and systematically in an agricultural environment
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to apply for the position on or before 09th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply
Leave a Reply