The Role is responsible for providing Channels support. This is to provide technical support for middleware, administration roles on Mobile banking, ATMs, POS, Money Transfer Services, I Bank and Agency banking systems. This role is responsible for providing strategy in improving customer experience through provision of Digital banking.
- Provide technical support for digital channels applications by performing administrative role on the applications. Provide technical support during implementation of tasks related to digital channel projects.
- Provide monitoring for channels system to increase system availability
- Provides review of the existing channel services and provide strategic initiative that will improve customer experience and business performance. Continuously analyse user requirements to develop and provide solutions
- Delivering business solutions by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that does not adversely affect business processes.
- Work closely with IT Security and Risk to ensure that the channels are well secured and in implementing SSL and other encryption certificates for ensuring robust and secure services
- Recommend and implement upgrades or changes to the systems for efficient performance, security or business benefits
- Provide first level IT training and support to users in addition to keeping track of user issues and oversee their prompt resolution.
- Maintain and manage up to date system configurations and user documentation
- Provide Leadership to the unit, by creating KPI which will measure individual performance.
- Manage the team’s performance and nurture skills that advance the IT strategy and establish a sustainable practice.
- Provide guidance, training need analysis, coaching to the unit members in order to improve talents of the unit members.
- Manage and ensure middleware and other channel services are up and running
- Resolution of issues arising for the Digital channels
- Testing of new systems, patches for agency, internet and mobile banking systems
- Monitor the performance of e-channels to ensure smooth running
- Avail tools to users to enable them generate daily MIS and other reports
- Work with other parties to ensure high availability of money transfer solutions
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology
- 3 years’ work experience in a technical role, of which 1 year must be in a management role in a Financial Services Institution;
- Experience in Banking products both core and none core, integrations, switches, processes and procedures;
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of card systems and related infrastructure as a business delivery channel.
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting transaction processing systems such as Internet and Mobile Banking.
- Hands on experience in UNIX, Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems. Certification is an added advantage.
- Familiar with virtual environments.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken;
- A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work, innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional qualifications in MCP, MCTIP, CCNA, T-24 or any banking application is a requirement.
- Computer Language that includes an ability to write SQL Scripts, PL/SQL procedures in Oracle Database, SQL Server or any other RDMS will be an added advantage.