Job Opportunity at Jhpiego – Senior Regional Coordinator
Senior Regional Coordinator
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization for international health affiliated with Johns Hopkins University.
The Senior Regional Coordinator (SRC) is responsible for overall coordination and management of RISE operations in the region to ensure effective and efficient implementation of RISE work plan activities. This includes handling day-to-day operations of the regional office, providing that the RISE regional team (RRT) is sufficiently resourced and supported to perform its duties and maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders within the region including RHMTs, CHMTs and implementing partners (IPs). In collaboration with the RISE Program Manager and project senior management team (SMT), the SRC supports their RRT to create a conducive and responsive environment to deliver VMMC services targeting all eligible clients while ensuring quality, safety and integrity. The SRC is responsible for achieving their region’s quarterly project targets in a cost-efficient manner. The position will be based in Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida or Tabora regions.
This position will be closed on 1st September, 2023.
- Supervise and mentor Cluster Project Officers responsible for management of project implementation at local government level to perform their role effectively.
- Collaborate with RHMTs and CHMTs to ensure access to VMMC services using different service delivery modalities comply with safety, quality and integrity requirements.
- Advocate with RHMTs and CHMTs and facility health management teams to ensure VMMC service delivery is integrated in facility and council health planning and management.
- Facilitate RRTs, RHMTs and CHMTs to implement strategies to promote and measure VMMC integration in facility health plans and comprehensive council health plans.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with RHMTs, CHMTs and IPs to ensure productive regional, local government and community engagement and partnerships.
- Facilitate dissemination of relevant communication materials, job aids, policy and technical guidelines to RRTs, RHMTs, CHMTs and other stakeholders using user-friendly formats.
- Facilitate timely requisition and delivery of resources to ensure activity implementation is uninterrupted and coordinate with cross-cutting staff for logistical support.
- Contribute to project monitoring, evaluation and learning objectives by participating in quality assurance and quality improvement activities and supporting follow up actions.
- Participate in key meetings at regional and national level to share project updates, results, insights and recommendations to influence VMMC integration and sustainability.
- Prepare monthly updates on regional activity implementation and progress to target using data sourced from relevant reports and field visits, and prepare key point summaries for presentation during project postmortems, quarterly review meetings and progress reports.
- Coordinate day-to-day correspondence and updates with RHMT and CHMT points of contact and ensure the RISE Program Manager and SMT is regularly updated on key issues.
- Perform other duties assigned from time-to-time by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, nursing and health- or management-related field including public health, health administration, public administration and project management or a relevant diploma level qualification with 7 years of progressive project management experience.
- At least 6 years’ experience managing health or HIV/AIDS activities incorporating facility and community-based interventions. Experience working with RHMTs and CHMTs preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing donor-funded health programs in Tanzania. Working knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR is desirable.
- Experience managing VMMC activities in Tanzania is preferred.
- Experience supervising five or more project field staff supporting local government and facility staff and community volunteers and local leaders and influencers.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, interns and volunteers, demonstrating commitment to teamwork, learning and growth, and motivating colleagues.
- Results-oriented and adept at data use for decision-making.
- Demonstrated self-management (e.g. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability, diplomacy).
- Competency using MS Office (email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication and presentation skills for different audiences in Kiswahili and English.
- Willingness to live in any region among Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida or Tabora regions and periodically travel or relocate to support another region as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% time.
Skills And Specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers those contacted during work.
- Planning and negotiation skills required
- Good level of computer literacy, conversant with all Microsoft products
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer