Subcontracts Manager Job Vacancy at Chemonics International
Dar es Salaam
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Subcontracts Manager for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Providing technical and operational support to the competition, selection process, and monitoring of all Lishe Mtambuka subcontracts issued by the project office in Dar es Salaam, from initial procurement to subcontract closeout.
- Initiating the competition and selection process for Lishe Mtambuka subcontracts, ensuring that procurements are solicited using adequate price competition and that they comply with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Preparing and finalizing solicitations; reviewing bidding documents; and negotiating, executing, and overseeing subcontracts.
- Monitoring of subcontractor expenses against budget and timely deliverable submissions; ensuring the timely administrative processing of subcontractor invoice/deliverable payments.
- Working with the technical teams to assess performance of subcontractors and inform impact assessment of projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field such as finance, accounting, business administration, or the social sciences.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in subcontracts management, budgeting, and administration, preferably for USAID-funded projects.
- Experience assuring procurement, disbursements, and programmatic aspects are implemented on-time and according to approved specifications.
- Strong knowledge of the FAR and AIDAR.
- Strong facility with the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Subcontracts Manager Job Vacancy at Chemonics International
To apply, please submit your CV and application through this LINK .
Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 15th, 2023, however, please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee
organization, or other non-merit factors.