Logistics Officer at National Post Office | Jobs In Rwanda
JOB AT NATIONAL POST OFFICE : LOGISTICS OFFICER : ( Deadline : 19 February 2019)
Job title LOGISTICS OFFICER
Company name NATIONAL POST OFFICE
Economic sector Information and communication
Job details 1. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION OF LOGISTICS OFFICER
The position of Logistics Officer is a Level 5 II position (Professional) in the Public Sector job grading.
Based in Kigali at NPO Head Office, the Logistics Officer will support members of the senior management team on the best use of NPO resources. He/she provide guidance to the logistics staff, drivers at NPO Head Office as well as e-Commerce 3PL (Third Party Logistics) delivery agents.
The post holder leads and manages the set-up of all logistics systems including the supply chain, fleet, and asset management in coordination with the logistics staff and other relevant NPO personnel. The post holder will ensure compliance with NPO policies and procedures, implementation of internal and external logistics requirements and offer training to both logistics and non-logistics staff when required.
- JOB DESCRIPTION
2.1 Logistics systems and procedures
• Develop / implement NPO logistics policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain: procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, and for the management of vehicle and motorcycle fleets, communication systems, and assets in compliance with NPO rules and regulations;
• Ensure that NPO logistics policies are implemented and adhered to and that the requirements of the partners are also adhered to;
• Provide advice and support to senior management on logistics whilst providing timely reports;
• Provide advice on the purchase of goods in order to maximize value and minimize costs ;
• Plan, organize, and execute logistics support activities such as maintenance planning, repair analysis, and test equipment recommendations;
• Create and maintain vendor records, purchase request records, purchase order records, receiving records, shipping records, and all associated logs as required;
• Confer with Department Heads regarding the availability of materials and provides status;
• Organize and monitor the management of store inventory;
• Centralize supply needs and other equipment necessary for the smooth functioning of NPO;
• Supervise the activities of the Store Keeper and the Maintenance Technician.
• Ensure compliance with internal control procedures.
2.2 Transport and Fleet
• Managing and tracking of all vehicles and motorcycles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation;
• Manage, maintain and ensure repair of vehicles and motorcycles in safe and efficient work order;
• Ensure that vehicles and motorcycles are checked on regular basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule;
• Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation;
• Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling, Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports to the Director of HR/Admin Unit ;
• Compile the monthly vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost report;
• Manage fuel vouchers ;
• Coordinate the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
2.3 E-Commerce Service Centre (ECSC) management
• Coordinate the ECSC activities and provide monthly report to NPO management;
• Implement delivery operations with full time fleet of moto, vans, tricycle in last mile delivery process;
• Provide a dashboard with track and trace system for instant updates;
• Prepare and implement optimal route plans to maximise truck loading, reduce driving distance to and from the warehouse;
• Provide delivery notifications and alerts through mobile handsets and emails for increased visibility;
• Implement proof of delivery (PoD) as acknowledgement for goods delivered to right recipients;
• Ensure customer requested delivery time/date are respected;
• Implement change orders, return process at the warehouse (store level) whenever necessary;
• Review daily performance and take corrective actions.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Logistics or Degree in Business Administration or in Procurement with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Logistics;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics management;
• Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including comprehensive procurement understanding, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management and security;
• Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions;
• Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally;
• Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities ;
• Good IT skills;
• Fluent in English, both written and oral. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter plus an updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees accompanied by a photocopy of their degree and identity card, to the attention of the Director General, National Post Office not later than February 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.