Mep Systems Engineer
Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain the bank’s Data Centers Power, cooling, physical security, access control & other low voltage systems at the bank’s Primary and DR Data Centers;
Caretaker of all electric power systems (Wiring systems, Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), AVRs, Inverters, Solar / Wind Power systems, etc.) installed in all Bank branches, Cash Collection Points (CCP) and offsite ATM locations
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting, resolve or escalate to vendors incidents related to the Data Centers Power (Utility feeds, Electrical Systems, Generator systems, UPS, battery strings, etc.), Fuel oil Systems, BMS, DCIM, Physical security, access control & other low and Extra Low Voltage systems.
- Coordinate planning and execution of routine maintenance tasks
- Inspect data centers facilities and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Provide statistics and reports to aid in management decisions.
- Facilities management, including risk identification, incident response and customer support.
- Operational support for customers through the provisioning of rack space, requesting data communications connections, and deploying IT infrastructure into the rack space.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure compliance to the original design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Investigate electrical failures and suggest effective and efficient solutions to the line manager and respective vendor.
- Proactively monitor electrical systems parameters, produce monthly reports and suggest modifications / improvements and up gradations to the line manager
- Ensure effective routine and emergency maintenance of all electrical systems is conducted by respective vendor to keep the systems in good working conditions all times.
- Effective cost control. Minimize operational costs associated with first level support and Comprehensive Preventive maintenance (PM) of all electric systems done by respective vendors.
- Prepare various monthly report of electrical systems performance to the line manager.
- Maintain updated inventory of all branch power systems asset installed in branches, Cash Collection Points (CCP) and offsite ATMs and their maintenance history.
- Supervise contractors during new installations, maintenance, repair and testing of electrical systems, equipment, facilities and components of electrical systems used by the bank in branches, Cash Collection Points (CCP) and offsite ATMs to ensure that they are done correctly according to technical specifications, international standards, safety (earthing, surge / lightning protection, etc.) and bank requirements.
- Perform Quality Assurance on completed installations and observe operations to ensure compliance to the original design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Manage all power related incidents in accordance with agreed SLAs
- Advise maintenance vendors on the best maintenance practices
- Analyse all power incidents and devise effective and efficient solutions to prevent repetitive failures
- Ensure effective routine and emergency maintenance of all electrical systems is conducted by respective vendor to keep the systems in good working conditions all times
- Knowledge of electric power solutions / technologies in the market.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing banking service environment.
- Competency in troubleshooting and incident management of electrical power systems
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering.
- Good command on Electrical Engineering Drawings.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in electric power supply systems support.
- Experience :3.0 Year(s)
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 January 2022.