Are you someone with a “hunger for growth”, a “whatever it takes mentality” and understand the advantages of a team environment and what it takes to thrive in one? Are you someone who “Questions things” and “looks for improvements”? Do you have experience in taking a fast-growing business to a greater height?
We are looking for a Subcontracting Lead for our Tanzanian team in Dar Es Salaam.
Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
Reporting to: Head of Subcontracting
Degree in Logistics discipline or Diploma with relevant experience
3+ years experience in Road Freight Operations
Experience in Road Freight Transport mandatory
Experience working with Subcontractors mandatory
- Ensure Terms & Conditions are continually updated and are communicated and acknowledged by the subcontractor and negotiate agreements for the transportation of AG Cargo back-to-back with client/customer terms and conditions
- Generate Loading Confirmation documentation for the subcontractor detailing all subcontracted transportation of AG Cargo
- Create trip folders for all subcontracted transportation of AG cargo and ensure all documentation for the project is collated and submitted to financing for trip reconciliation and invoicing
- Comply with current micro-financing arrangement and procedures provided to subcontractors
- Ensure subcontractor operations staff are fully aware of all transit and journey management procedures and legal requirements and ensure their compliance
- Assist the Subcontracting Lead with conducting due diligence inspections and/or annual reviews and provide support to any resulting subcontractor development action plans
- Assist the AG Driver Training wing to deliver any required subcontractor driver training packages or briefings
- Provide timely feedback (daily reports) to the subcontractor, ensuring that all delays not caused by the subcontractor are communicated clearly. Special attention paid to the management of expectations regarding free time, potential standing charge claims, and demurrage charges
- Ensure all internal reporting procedures are followed and performance appraisal data capture are accurate and timely
- Serving as a general assistant to the Subcontracting Lead seeking continual improvement and promoting best practices amongst the Road Freight team.