Project Accountant at Rafiki-SDO
NEW JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy non-Governmental and non-profit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland. Rafiki-SDO in partnership with PACT Tanzania to implement the USAID Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE). ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. As part of its strategy, ACHIEVE is working to prevent and respond to gender-based violence and to empower youth to own their own future.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Job Title: Project Accountant – (1 POST)
Office location: Musoma -Mara
Work station: Musoma MC, Bunda DC, Bunda TC, Serengeti DC and Rorya DC
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 1 Year Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
- Provide financial and administrative support in the designing, implementation, and monitoring of project activities.
- Advise project staff on donor requirements; and provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Maintain audit trail for all projects matters ie. proper book keeping both soft and hard copies and proper filling of project documents.
- Ensure sufficient internal controls are maintained throughout the project life, ie. bank reconciliations and all expenses are with proper approvals.
- Maintain project fixed assets register.
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project through monthly budget trackers and cash projections.
- Communicate effectively with Rafiki-SDO staff to ensure understanding of donor regulations, cost principles, and requirements.
- Support and oversee the procurement process to ensure proper planning, purchasing and distribution of project items in compliance with Rafiki-SDO policies and donor regulations.
- Analyze project expenses, including Rafiki-SDO financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assess cost-effectiveness of methodologies proposed by the project.
- Supervise administrative staff including office driver, security personnel and attendant.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of complete, accurate financial reports and cash requests as per donor requirements.
- Oversee compliance to Donor financial rule and regulations.
- Oversee policies and procedure of Government of Tanzania relating to statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting and Finance only and not any other field.
- Conversant with accounting packages especially quick books will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded development programs and financial management. Candidates with USAID funded projects experience will be highly prioritized.
- At least three (03) years in finance management and supervisory role experience will be prioritized.
- High understanding of procurement procedures will be an added advantage.
- Experience in projects related to the following interventions: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional and Referrals, ECD, OVC interventions and child protection.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to [email protected] and indicate the position title in the email subject line. The closing date for these applications will be on Thursday, 18th May 2023, 17:00 hrs.
NOTE: Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but not limited to cost for submitting an application, attending interview and other communication related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform those successful, if you will not be contacted two weeks after closing date of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest of working with RafikiSDO and supporting initiatives for saving children, youths and marginalized groups.