Dar es Salaam
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for active and qualified individuals for the following roles: Women are more encouraged to apply:
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to Project Lead. The Project Manager will be responsible for management and coordination of assigned donor-funded projects. The Project Manager coordinates, monitors, and facilitates the activities of all donors funded projects assigned; He/she develops, monitors, evaluates, implements and reviews effectiveness of donor project plans, strategies, policies and activities in line with the projects goals and objectives.
Among Key Responsibilities:
Participate in project design
- Situational Analysis: coordinate situational analysis with Research Monitoring and Evaluation [RME] Lead before proposal development; as well as developing frameworks before projects implementation commencement.
- Proposal Development: Work with/support Project Lead in developing proposals including identification and submission of relevant prospect calls for proposals.
- Partnership development: Develop good relationships and partnerships with various stakeholders such as donors, other NGOs, LGAs and relevant ministries.
- Setting targets/indicators: Contribute to ensuring that projects have clear targets and indicators for reporting, and the field teams understand them; as well as supporting implementation of the PSS model and capacity building to LGAs.
Key Responsibility: 2
Coordinate planning process of specific projects
- Prepare project work plans: Put in place project work plans before as well as after implementation starts and update them quarterly through review meetings.
- Share project work plans with stakeholders in the field: Enable project implementers to have a clear picture of timing and content of specific activities to be implemented.
- Coordinate demand generation activities: Organize activities that will increase number of clients visiting the PSS facilities.
- Coordinate implementation of assigned project including capacity building component for public sector site staff and facilitate or provide any operational support to field staff.
- Coordinate with other departments/partners monthly: conduct meetings between projects and operations teams to strengthen effective implementation of project activities.
- Budget Control: Provide monthly project spending report for easy tracking of project spending against the approved donor budgets.
- Preparations of project reports: Prepare on a timely manner narrative reports and financial review reports according to set project reporting calendar.
Coordinate and participate in monitoring and evaluation of project [s]
- Maintain documentation/filing: Put in a good custody all relevant project documents in good and clearly located places in both soft and hard copies. Work with IT department to create a safe backup support for all soft copies of the project documents.
- Data collection and analysis: supervise appropriate data collection during implementation that is relevant to set project indicators. Conduct accurate data analyses for quality reporting for donors, knowledge management and institutional memories.
- Reporting against targets/indicators: prepare project reports that answers all the set project indicators.
Coordinate and participate in project appraisal process
- Prepare and conduct dissemination/consultation/presentation meetings: Disseminate/share lessons learned, and good practices obtained from projects with stakeholders, donors, and other implementers.
- Representing Marie Stopes Tanzania and project: Act as a focal person that represents Marie Stopes Tanzania and the project to stakeholders.
- Support media relating to projects: Work with External communication team to publish project related articles in media and conduct project related media events such as press conferences.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences (MPH, epidemiology, sociology, community development etc.). Candidates without master’s degree will be considered if they present demonstrated experience of working as project manager for a period of at least three years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management cycle, Log Frame Analysis, work planning, reporting and Results-Based Management tools.
- Experience in inclusive programming and public sector support/strengthening is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of working on Public Sector Support, BCC/IEC program, with experience working with and managing creative agencies.
- Experience working with USAID – funded projects will be an added advantage.
- 3- year experience on project/business management.
- Sound experience of setting up, and closing projects successfully.
- Proven experience in managing youth, IEC, and BCC related activities.
- Contributing to the preparation and regular monitoring of project work plans, budgets, and proposals.
- Sound experience on financial management of Donor funded projects.
- Development of project financial and narrative reports Working closely with other stakeholders including the Government Authorities at national, Regional, District and community levels.
- Collaborating and Networking with other NGOSs/CSOs at national, local, and international levels.
- Experience in documentation of lessons learnt/success stories and best practices.
- Desirable: Experience of working on health-related/community development projects.
- Visionary and strategic thinker.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and team skills.
- Recognizable competence/credibility to ‘mentor’.
- Ability to network and create positive, mutually cooperative relationships.
- Ability to make useful and workable decisions.
- Able to prioritise complex workload and work independently.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Numerate [for performance analysis and budget development].
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English and Kiswahili languages both written and spoken.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
All applications should reach the addressee before Friday, May 27, 2022. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.