Project Officer Vacancy at Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO.
TITLE: Part-time (1 position)
This application is limited to Tanzanian Nationals only. Individuals who currently live in Zanzibar are encouraged to apply.
Strengthening the capacity of secondary school education through radio educational broadcasting in Zanzibar
Part-time CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 Months with possibilities of extension.
Good Neighbors (GN), an international NGO was founded in Korea in 1991 and operates in 40 countries across Africa, Asia, and Latin America has been implementing various projects to promote and protect child rights, strengthen the global partnership, and advocate the right of the most vulnerable respectfully and effectively.
As a GN international field office, Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) has been present in Tanzania since 2005. Over these years, GNTZ has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with local communities, government, and many different levels of stakeholders to improve quality of life, strengthen communities’ self-reliance, and improve standards in various areas such as health, education, water and sanitation, and child rights advocacy by creating an environment where children are able to grow up healthy and extend the accessibility of quality of education.
Good Neighbors Tanzania-Zanzibar Area Office is working with the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MoEVT) in Zanzibar to implement a three-year (2021-2024) KOICA-funded project,
“Strengthening the capacity of secondary school education through radio educational broadcasting
” (SRE) project. The overall goal of the project is to enhance the quality of secondary school education through Radio Secondary School students.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
GNTZ-ZAO in collaboration with the MoEVT is therefore seeking experienced, self-motivated, highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the SRE project Part-time to support the implementation of project activities, especially in the production of radio content.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support operation activities for the SRE project especially the production of radio content, and related support
- To support training activities and advertisement activities
- To support communication between Good Neighbors and Kwarara Media Education Center (KMEC)
- To write a daily report for ongoing activities of the project Attending project meetings when needed.
- To support documentation of project materials.
- To perform any other official duties as may be assigned by a supervisor
- Support equipment and monitoring the equipment of Kwarara Media Education Center (KMEC) Make arrangement for studio
- Operation of radio training workshop for secondary teachers
- Prepare media committee meeting
- Required to achieve 90% of individual and department annual targets.
- Required to attend at least 3 courses as provided by GN academy including any other courses provided by GNTZ or by any other training institution, aiming to develop knowledge and capacity in own work
- Other operational tasks given by the office.
Comply with Good Neighbors and MoEVT policies and practice with respect to the code of conduct, health, safety, and professionalism.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University bachelor’s degree from any recognized University in the field of Social science, Project planning and management, Community development, Media production, Development studies or any other relevant field.
- 2 years or more of work experience in company
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong report-writing skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office: Word, Outlook, Power point, Excel)
- Request take your own laptop computer for work
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified candidates are required to fill and submit the Application google Form here associated with a current curriculum vitae with reachable contacts of two referees.
OR you can use this link
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
All applications should be received latest by Friday 26th September 2023, 4:00 pm East African Time
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and Emails.
- Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation During the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
This is NOT full-time employment; it is a part-time role that depends on the demand of the SRE implementation plan provided by GNTZ-ZAO. The selected individual will get a monthly allowance which is 250,000/=
- After three months, you will be given the opportunity for promotion after an internal evaluation.
- Advertisement for Part-timers