Site Technical Planner at Sandvik
Location: Tanzania, Tarime, Tanzania
Location – Bulyanhulu, North-Mara, Geita
- Improve customer experience and availability by driving fill rates through missed hits and demand planning analysis of parts standard assortment & strategic stock in the stockroom of responsibility to meet a balance GOC% of Invoicing and relevant KPIs such as Inventory Value, Inventory Days, OSMI %.
- Responsible for parts demand planning activities and develop/execute a process to manage inventory levels to minimize stock holdings while maximizing supply ability
- Responsible for sales stock and obsolescence reserve in the stockroom of responsibility and the monitoring of goods in transit and production stock.
- Responsible to analyze and maintain inventory parameters setting for standard assortment in the stockroom of responsibility
- Responsible for the strategic stock in the stockroom of responsibility
- Collaborate with other Logistics & Warehouse teams on warehouse activities influencing inventory such as frozen stock, allocation and credit suspension.
- Drive stock optimization initiatives (i.e. returns process and review of OSMI) and take proactive preventative measures in line with GOC targets through regular reviews and analysis to provide management with summary requests to approve returns, scrapping and centralization of slow and non-moving items.
- Maintaining effective functioning of all the stockroom to optimize the inventory available locally
- Execute, identify, communicate, and proactively manage potential parts availability gaps or risk
- Build and process the forecast for major components in collaboration with Customer, Parts Portfolios, Sales and Contract teams
- Prepare and maintain a rolling 5-year Major Component Change out Plan with Customers on site in line with customer strategies
- Work closely with customers, using a specialist understanding of equipment performance and lifecycle costings
- Coordinate with Logistics / ordering communicate with customers internal and external
- Translate customer change out plans into Company strategies and actions
- Prepare rolling orders for components within a 12-month horizon
- Maintain database of parts and machine model and serial numbers for customer. Updating with relevant Service Bulletins
- Ensure all components and parts are on site timeously prior to the scheduled component changeout date
- Ensure that all work assigned is completed in an efficient and timely manner
- Liaise with workshops to plan parts requirements in line with component repair requirements
- Relevant Technical/Trade Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Planner/Scheduler
- Experience with Sandvik Equipment is an added advantage but not necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in resource allocation and inventory management
- Data analytics and problem-solving skills
- Parts inventory management
- Strategic stock process support
CLICK HERE TO APPLY