Specialist; Public Relations – Fixed Term (2yrs)
Job Location :Head Office
Job Purpose:Execute strategic activities for banks public relations programs that support the achievement of strategic company goals and maintain a favorable public image for NMB by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view.
- Drive content and messaging strategy to effectively and consistently correspond with all products and services campaigns. Manage and maintain PR asset schedules and ensure all press material deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain all talking points, communication guidelines and Tricky Question prep documents for spokespeople across the organization to correspond with brand guidelines
- Develop reporter briefing documents and speaking briefs for various NMB spokespeople.
- Support the identification, development, pitching and placement of NMB-related stories in top tier business, consumer and financial media, in print and broadcast outlets.
- Research, develop, and monitor editorial calendars for all relevant corporate rankings and work with appropriate teams to produce submissions.
- Develop, implements, and participates in community education and outreach events, and various conferences and workshops; represents the bank at public events.
- Attend meetings and conferences as a public relations representative for the bank; serves on committees, task forces, and civic groups to promote NMB’s programs, initiatives, and | accomplishments
- Correspond cross-functionally to maintain various NMB fact sheets and information.
- Support various communications initiatives and efforts including corporate awards and recognition, executive visibility and media relations
- Develop, manage and execute crisis communications plans
Planning and Reporting
- Prepare a PR plan for every campaign launch and share with respective teams e.g., Marketing & Communication teams before the launch of any product/services or sponsorship events.
- Monitor the public and medias opinion of NMB – provide daily PR media report i.e., scans and translation of the coverage (before 10am).
- Write and edit press releases, speeches, Q&A’s ensuring that they have product facts and approval from product owners. Ensure that all information to the media is pre-approved by the line manager.
- Booking for NMB media interviews, including preparation of interview talking points for both printed and electronic media
- Provide pictures and captions of all events to Content Manager after events.
- Review monthly media reports with other teams e.g., marketing and line manager.
- Analyze competitor’s PR activities vs NMB’s
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect the bank.
- Organize press conferences working hand in hand with Marketing Brand and Events team
- Plan for corporate media events like press launches, exhibitions, open days etc.
- Manage in-house media trainings and courses
- Monitor, direct and timely respond to incoming media inquiries.
- Monitor and track media coverage including competitor activities for corporate and issue- specific media as needed, as well as help track reactive and proactive interactions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project planning and management experience
- Ability to enable/execute deep media connection through high touch/visibility dynamic research methods
- Ability to brief, create and share dynamic information that bring life to key learning
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and Interpersonal skills
- Resilient with ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Journalism, Mass Communication or other related fields of studies.
- 1 year experience in PR or Mass Communications field
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 May 2022.