Arusha, Tanzania | Posted on 02/20/2023
- The Specialist Quality & Safety collaborates closely with colleagues on the three different stations.
- The department Quality assurance, safety & environment is responsible for the quality management system and compliance with Tanzanian health, safety & environment regulations, plus company’s internal standards. Process auditing and following up on improvement plans is a big part of this role.
- Conducting Safety and Health audits / process auditing in three stations.
- Recording/registering incidents for each station.
- Assisting departments in carrying out risk analysis and proposing containment measures.
- Following up on improvement plans.
- Conducting training and advising departments on a specific safety, health and environmental best practice subjects.
- Introducing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Training colleagues on risk analysis, risk avoidance and root cause analysis.
- Working closely with each station’s safety contact person.
- Increase safety awareness within the company.
- Introducing and maintaining key performance indicators.
Knowledge and Experience
- A completed college degree or higher, for example integral safety science,
supplemented with a certificate or college education in safety management or related courses.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position in a production / technical /laboratory / medical work environment.
- You have excellent social and communication skills.
- You are a person of integrity.
- You are flexible, factual and focused.
- You have a hands-on mentality with analytical skills.
- You must have a safety background and experience / experience in safety engineering.
- You keep asking questions and you are a steadfast person.
- You are empathetic, able and willing to motivate and help your colleagues.
- You have the ability to facilitate on basic safety training.
- You have up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation.
- You have knowledge of and experience with handling hazardous substances and machinery safety.
- Experience in process assurance.
- You have knowledge of / experience with change of process.
- You are fluent in both written AND spoken English and Swahili.
- You are able to stand firm and lead by example.
- Experience in report writing is an added advantage.