Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma, Master and PhD Degree programmes with course work are admitted once every year for an academic year that starts in October of each year. Candidates for PhD by research only and Master of Philosophy (MPhil) may apply and be admitted at anytime of the year. Successful candidates will be informed by end of June 2018 and will be expected to embark on studies in October, 2018. Candidates meeting the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to apply for admission.
The following are the Postgraduate Diploma, Master and PhD degree programmes tenable at SUA:
Click the link below to see all programmes.
GENERAL MINIMUM ADMISSION QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must have a bachelor degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A candidate shall either hold a relevant honours bachelor degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning, deemed to be equivalent to an honours degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture.
- Candidates who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. BVM) should have a credit or a distinction in the subject of intended Master’s degree. Candidates wishing to pursue the Master of Preventive Medicine degree shall be required to have at least credits in any five subjects of the BVM degree or its equivalent.
- Candidates with pass bachelor degree may also be considered for admission if their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a B Grade average or above and they have satisfied the relevant Academic Units that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive field work, subsequent research experience and/or additional training.
- With the exception of the MPVM and MBA (Agribusiness) which are one year and one and half years degree programmes respectively, all other Master degree programmes are tenable for two years for full time students and three years for part time students. In the case of full time students, the first year is dedicated for coursework, while the second year is for research and dissertation writing.
PhD Degree Programmes
Applicants for PhD programmes should possess honours master degree in the relevant field from SUA or from recognized Universities. Applicants should submit a research concept note along with the application documents. PhD studies by Research only are tenable for two and half to four years and for 3 to 4 years for studies by Research and coursework, respectively. The duration for part time students is a maximum of six years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application forms can be requested from the undersigned or downloaded from our website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Shs. 50,000/= or 20$ for foreigners, as application fee. Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank :Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
Deadline for application is 30th May 2018.
For further information, please contact
Directorate of Postgraduate studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy
Sokoine University of Agriculture,
P.O. Box 3151, Chuo Kikuu,
Fax: +255 023 2640013
- Postgraduate Application forms 2018/2019- Sokoine University Of Agriculture
- Postgraduate Diploma, Master and PhD degree programmes tenable at SUA
- General Minimum Admission Qualifications for Postgraduate Studies- SUA