sua admission login, sua admission contacts, sua login, sua university, sua university online application, sua entry requirements, sua online application
APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION INTO NEW HIGHER DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
Applications are hereby invited for admission into newly approved Higher Degrees Programmes at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) for the academic year 2019/2020. Candidates for Master and PhD Degree programmes with course work are admitted once every year for an academic year that starts in October of each year. Successful candidates will be notified immediately after approval of their applications is made and they will be expected to embark on studies in October, 2019. Candidates meeting the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to apply for admission in the following Master and PhD degree programmes tenable at SUA:
A. MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMME
Hosted by College of Agriculture
Master Programmes by Coursework and Dissertation
B. PhD DEGREE PROGRAMMES
PhD Programmes by Coursework and Dissertation
GENERAL MINIMUM ADMISSION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master Degrees
- A candidate shall either hold an undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 2.7 of SUA or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning with a GPA of 2.7.
- Candidates who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. BVM) should have an average of B grade in the subject of intended Master’s degree.
- Candidates with Pass degree will be considered for admission if their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a B grade average or above.
- Candidates with Pass degree will also be considered for admission if they have satisfied the relevant College/School Postgraduate Studies Committees that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive fieldwork/research experience of at least three years and/or additional professional development courses of duration of at least three months.
- Master degree programmes are tenable for two years for full time students and three years for part time students. In the case of full time students, the first year is dedicated for coursework, while the second year is for research and dissertation writing.
PhD Degree Programmes
Applicants for PhD programmes should possess Master’s degree of SUA or relevant Master’s degree of equivalent standing from another approved university in the relevant field. Applicants should submit a research concept note along with the application documents. PhD studies by Research and coursework is tenable for 3 to 4 years for studies. The duration for part time students is a maximum of six years.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
Candidates can apply for admission into SUA degree programmes through either of the two options:
(a) Application forms can be downloaded from our website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Application forms can also be requested from the Director’s Office through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee (normal application submitted by 31st May, 2019) or TZS 80,000/= or US$50 for international students (for all late applications submitted after 31st May, 2019).
Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank: Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
(b) Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications are scheduled as follows:
a) Normal application without penalty: 15th September, 2019
b) Late Application with penalty: 15th October, 2019
In all programmes, female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For further information, please contact
Directorate of Postgraduate studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy
Sokoine University of Agriculture,
P.O. Box 3151, Chuo Kikuu,
Fax: +255 023 2640013
You may also like