JOB ADVERT – GEITA SUBGRANTEE.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT .
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Geita Town Council; and Geita, Chato, Bukombe, Nyanghwale and Mbogwe District Councils; together with Geita Regional Referral Hospital, invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Supply Chain Officer (2 Posts)
Location: Geita Town Council and Geita District Council
Reports to: Facility In-Charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to district teams to ensure MDH supported sites meet national standards.
- Ensuring staff at MDH supported sites are trained on health commodities Logistics systems to ensure efficient supply chain management.
- Collaborate with district level to conduct Logistics mentorship programs.
- Ensuring uninterrupted availability of all programmatic commodities at all MDH supported sites.
- Preparing and submitting reports
- Demonstrating best practices in health commodities logistics System
- Actively perform supportive supervisions to MDH supported sites and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management
- Carry out any other job-related responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Qualification and work experience
- Bachelor degree/Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Registered/enrolled by Pharmacy Council
- At least Two (2) year of working experience in a Pharmaceuticals and Supply chain leadership positions
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be considered an added advantage
- Ability to identify and work with C/HMTs and collaborators in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 20th December, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail [email protected].
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.