Challenging, inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfil their potential and improve the world
IST will be a global leader in the education of internationally-mobile young people.
All students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically, achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices. They will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems, local and global.
They will pursue their varied passions with enthusiasm, developing resilience, perseverance, and confidence. Understanding the diversity of people and cultures, they will act kindly, fairly, and responsibly.
All members of the IST community will work together to fulfil this vision.
Statement of Values
All members of the IST community are:
- Responsible – We act responsibly, positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions.
- Inquiring – We show curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
- Compassionate – We empathise with others and act with care, kindness and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience, generosity and integrity.
- Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students, seeing the value of participation in a varied curriculum.
- Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community, using the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our differences.
- IST Strategic Plan
- Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission, vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
- Ensure alignment between the written, taught and assessed curriculum
- Implement a strong, multi-tiered system of support to students, consistent with IST’s common understanding of inclusion
- Improve our ability to offer a balanced program with opportunities for excellence in academics, the arts and athletics
- Provide exemplary transition programs between campuses and other institutions of learning
- Ensure reporting models support effective partnerships with parents and their child’s learning
- Develop a strong internal professional learning community to embed successful professional learning experiences
- Ensure IST students’ appropriate use of technology supports their learning
- Improve IST’s local, global and international reputation
- Provide opportunities for IST students and faculty to connect with local and global experts
- Develop partnerships within the local community to improve student experiences
- Improve processes and systems to improve communication within the IST community
- Build reciprocal structures to connect alumni with current student
- Establish sustainable and supportive relationships with government ministries
- Promote positive school spirit within and across campuses
- Review the master site plan to ensure school facilities support learning experiences
- Maintain fiscal discipline and transparency within IST community
- Develop the school’s capacity to recruit/retain excellent employees
- Lessen IST’s environmental footprint
- Align governing models with best practice
Summary of the Role
Teacher Assistant duty will be to supervise the students and provide learning support and guidance. The successful applicant should be ready to assist the lead licensed teacher with the development and implementation of education plans as well as identify and solve issues with the educational, social and emotional development of students. The Assistant Teacher should be committed to developing meaningful relationships with pupils and giving constructive feedback to help them grow and improve. S/He must have strong communication skills, as they will be expected to interact with colleagues, parents, students and educational authorities. The ideal candidate will be understanding and attentive to student needs, and have a passion for the education field.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Experience: 2+ years’ teaching experience
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and relevant teaching certification. Masters degrees are preferred. (c) PYP training/experience
Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
Educational leader and outstanding teacher
Sound decision making, solutions focused, knowledge of child protection and health and safety
Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams (e) Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders (f) Expert knowledge of IB Standards and Practices.
Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
Integrity and confidentiality
Strategic thinker, able to convert vision into action
Internationally minded, emotional intelligence
Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing
The primary responsibilities for Teacher Assistant at Elementary School will be:
Applications and enquiries should be directed to email@example.com close of business on Friday, 6th September 2019