Table of Contents
Trade Marketer Job Vacancy At Japan Tobacco International
Dar es Salaam
Japan Tobacco International
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom.
We are JTI, Japan Tobacco International, and we are present in 130 countries. We have spent years innovating, creating new and better products for the consumers to choose from. This is our business. But not only. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe that when they are free to be themselves, and they are given the opportunity to grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
What this position is about – Purpose
Increase the sales of products commercialized by TCC in the assigned territory. Guarantee the realization of set marketing programs across the entire Retail Territory assigned to you with key objectives of: developing the share of market of TCC brands and reinforcing the positioning of JTI global flagship brands. Always ensure to availability and visibility of our priority products across the serviced Territory. Guarantee the quarterly implementation of the Sales Cycle Activities compliance by partner customers.
What will you do – Responsibilities:
- Administrative support to the General Manager ; Assist efficiently the GM in management of their business calendar within the Cluster and regional Teams.
- Handle GM’s expenses and their travels arrangements and support them in other admin files when needed
- Guarantee the attainment of the marketing objectives across the assigned territory; Negotiate orders promises
- Deploy Trade Marketing activities in the visited retail outlets. Establish with the visited customers a privileged relationship and a win/win partnership .
- Convey at all times a positive and dynamic image of the company and its brands (brand ambassadorship).
- At the Point of Purchase (POP) use every opportunity to engage consumers to understand and communicate with them.
- Understand the consumer needs and stimulate trial of our products.
- Distinguish and master all the sales channels (differentiate / segment / concentrate) .
- Develop/maintain knowledge of the market (stick sales, illicit trade, HoReCa, Key Accounts, Kiosk and Table tops).
- Ensure attainment of Territory’s targeted Volume and Growing Territory’s volume in collaboration with respective territory Sales Representative.
- Ensure that market feedback is provided in TME Lite for every customer call, and exploit the collected data to increase sales & marketing efficiency in subsequent customer calls
- Management of the assigned Retail territory, through; Carry out regular customer calls as per planned daily routes and visit as a minimum 1 time per month each target visited retail outlet, and be attentive to: Optimize time wise the planned daily routes.
- Recall customer needs and objectives from previous visit. Prepare everything needed for the day (equipment and material).Listen to customers.
- Identify the specificities of their needs and their development perspective.
- Anticipate customer needs and objections.
- Sell the products or program features and benefits.Guarantee product availability, optimize product presentation/promotion in the retail outlets, and implement an effective merchandising to increase brand and sales performance.
- Guarantee the compliance by the concerned customers with Display Units for effective merchandising compliance
- Commercial monitoring ; Continuously maintain up to date the required customer information in TME system and systematically carry out the relevant TME system audits (availability, pricing, surveys).
- Ensure the surfacing of information to the Branch management in terms of development opportunities of the distribution network under serviced Territory
- Reporting; Document in TME system precisely, rigorously, and exhaustively, the activities realized in the retail outlets as per the Sales Cycle plan.
- Inform his management as to the activities carried out or initiatives taken as well as competitor activities noted in the retail outlets.
- Surface pertinent information and take care in checking their foundation and accuracy depending on given classification criteria, maintain a balanced sub-channels distribution (Tobacco & Press, Convenience, Supermarkets & Leisure) in target retail outlet territory.
Whom are we looking for – Requirements:
- University Degree, or Advanced diploma in related field
- 1 year experience in related field
- Valid Driver license with practice (pass TCC driving test)
- Car Driving license
- Tools and equipment used: PC, Handheld (TME Lite), Excel & Word, Internet, vehicle, POSM, incentives
- What are the next steps in the Recruitment process:
- Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
How to Apply: