Training Centre Administrator alias Hotel Manager
We are looking for an experienced Training Centre Administrator with experience in Hotel Management. As our Training Centre Administrator, you will oversee the daily operations of our Centre and provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of the trainings and the accommodation of trainees. The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our Centre’s reputation.
It is important for the Training Centre Administrator to be involved in all aspects of the Training Centre operations. You will plan logistics and food and be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and trainees as well as external vendors. The Training Centre Administrator must be able to guide staff to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the Farmer Training Centre’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, transport services, external trainers, event/conference planners etc.
- Interview, hire, train and terminate staff
- Monitor staff performance, ensuring the Training Centre is running well and guests are happy
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with cleanliness as well as health and safety standards
- Support the farm manager in administrative tasks
- Oversee and manage the stock
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in Swahili and English
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Application Letter (PDF)
- Recommendation Letter (PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with 3 references from former employers (PDF)
- Academic certificates (PDF)
- Results Transcripts (PDF)
Applicants must apply online through the link below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Deadline will be 23rd May 2021. For technical support please contact [email protected].