Vocational Skills and Entrepreneurship Coordinator Vacancy at Swisscontact
Position Title: Vocational Skills and Entrepreneurship Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Probation Period: 3 months
Number of Position:1
Location: Based in Morogoro with frequent travel within the region
Eligible Applicants: Tanzanian nationals only
Application Deadline: 1st October 2023
Swisscontact strives to advance the socioeconomic integration of youth and young mothers in Tanzania. The organisation has recently been awarded with a new contract for the implementation of a private donor funded project for implementation in Tanzania.
The project builds upon and adds on the ongoing young mother´s Vocational Skills Development (VSD) and related support of the Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET) project, which is funded by the Swiss Government. Similarly, the new project will introduce VSD and entrepreneurship support programmes with the aim of contributing to the creation of sustainable and meaningful livelihoods for young mothers. In close collaboration with the private sector and local communities, this project will offer innovative solutions and successfully tested methodologies to empower these often-marginalized women and to connect them with entrepreneurial opportunities. The project will provide market-responsive technical training, counselling support, life and soft skills and coaching, as well as entrepreneurship and access to finance support. It will do this while not neglecting the specific requirements of young mothers who need to combine professional activities with the care of their often very young children.
Swisscontact is currently looking for a Vocational Skills and Entrepreneurship Coordinator, to be based in our offices in Morogoro, Tanzania.
Under the supervision and support of the Project Manager, the Vocational Skills and Entrepreneurship Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Jointly with local service providers and/or private sector, develop and monitor vocational skills development (VSD) projects for young mothers including related support for the creation of livelihood/entrepreneurship
- Provide further advice and support to young mothers on livelihood and entrepreneurship development.
- Follow Swisscontact’s rules and procedures such as the Code of Conduct (CoC) and Country Manual.
The Vocational Skills and Entrepreneurship Coordinator will implement the following tasks:
Vocational Skills Development
- Jointly with the project manager, identify opportunities for vocational skills development and (self) employment of young mothers either directly or through service providers in the Morogoro region.
- Jointly with suitable providers agree on suitable young mother packages (technical and employability skills), including completing of proposals, contracts, budgets, and establishment of monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop and manage the technical and financial contracts with the selected service providers.
- Ensure that service providers implement monitoring in line with the MRM procedures of Swisscontact.
- Quality assure the implementation of contracts and prepare technical and monitoring report as scheduled.
- In collaboration with the responsible Swisscontact team member maintain information on feasible training providers and participate in the capacity building of TPs, when appropriate.
- Jointly with the project manager and others, identify private sector organisations as potential partners for the project.
Advice and support on livelihood/entrepreneurship
- Jointly with the selected providers, support young mothers on livelihood and entrepreneurship opportunities and development.
- Maintain information on approaches and methodologies to livelihood and entrepreneurship development including funding and saving schemes.
- Identify good practice and work with the project manager to identify lessons learned and report on these.
- Work with the MRM coordinator to ensure that monitoring data is aligned and participate in MRM meetings as required.
- Work with the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) expert of Swisscontact to ensure that implementation complies with the Swisscontact code of conduct and related processes.
- Support the project manager to establish annual operational plans, budget, and other administrative reports related to the project.
- Perform other tasks in line with the job description and as requested by the Project Manager.
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- At least a bachelor’s degree in community development, rural development, entrepreneurship or related subject.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience related to vocational skills development, livelihood development and/or entrepreneurship
- Experience in working with young mothers or other marginalized groups will be a succinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of written and spoken English.
- Results-orientated professional with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact positively with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Empathy, good sense of humor and drive to achieve results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to email@example.com not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 1st October 2023. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
- Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Swisscontact is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.