MRM coordinator Vacancy at Swisscontact
Position Title: MRM coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Probation Period: 3 months
Number of Position: 1
Location: Based in Morogoro with occasional travel within the region.
Eligible Applicants: Tanzanian nationals only
Application Deadline: 1st October 2023
Swisscontact strives to advance the socioeconomic integration of youth and young mothers in Tanzania. The organisation has recently been awarded with a new contract for the implementation of a private donor funded project for implementation in Tanzania.
The project builds upon and adds on the ongoing young mother´s Vocational Skills Development (VSD) and related support of the Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET) project, which is funded by the Swiss Government. Similarly, the new project will introduce VSD and entrepreneurship support programmes with the aim of contributing to the creation of sustainable and meaningful livelihoods for young mothers. In close collaboration with the private sector and local communities, this project will offer innovative solutions and successfully tested methodologies to empower these often-marginalized women and to connect them with entrepreneurial opportunities. The project will provide market-responsive technical training, counselling support, life and soft skills and coaching, as well as entrepreneurship and access to finance support. It will do this while not neglecting the specific requirements of young mothers who need to combine professional activities with the care of their often very young children.
Swisscontact is currently looking for a MRM Coordinator, to be based in our offices in Morogoro, Tanzania.
Under the supervision and support of the Project Manager, the MRM coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM)
- Organise and ensure collection, management and capturing of data and project results.
- Coordinate with the project team, and partners so that data is being collected as per the plan and stored in the MRM system.
- Review and analyse collected data and information, providing feedback on progress, achievements and challenges faced, as well as any improvement required.
- Support the technical team with relevant results information, analysis and updating of intervention plans.
- Provide inputs to support revisions of the Swisscontact Tanzania MRM system and other overall documentation.Studies and reports
- Manage the implementation of project related studies and the preparation of related, written reports on SET activities, in collaboration with technical staff, and partners.
- Provide inputs to the preparation of reports to the donor, Government of Tanzania, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all written reports, MRM tools and guidelines are up-to-date and accessible, as appropriate.
- Work with the Project Manager in establishing the budget and other administrative reports related to MRM.
- Support the inclusion of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and climate change/environment into MRM.
- Perform other tasks in line with the job description and as requested by the Project Manager.
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- Bachelor in statistics, economics, monitoring and evaluation or related studies.
- At least 3 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis in a similar position in the private sector or project.
- Experience in analysing technical data and information and drafting related reports.
- Experience in a statistical analysis programme such as Excel or STAT is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and interest to expand knowledge on using IT in the workplace.
- Good communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to interact positively with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Empathy, good sense of humor and drive to achieve results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 1st October 2023. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
- Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Swisscontact is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.