HR Intern Job Code: 1150
Description: HR INTERN
PROGRAM: ENGENDERHEALTH TANZANIA
REPORTS TO: HR OFFICER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth patners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth /Tanzania is now seeking the expression of interests for the position of HR Intern. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam and it is open for Tanzania nationals only.
Goal and Scope of Position:
Our goal is to provide valuable experience and development opportunities for young professionals who are the future leaders in our field. An intern will play an important role in EngenderHealth and in turn, we hope to provide the intern with an experience that will help them be successful in their field. They will be exposed to different functions of Human resources department such as HR Information Systems, Recruitment and selection, benefits management, employee relations and performance management processes and systems.
- Participate and assist in recruitment of various positions
- Participate and assist in updating a range of documentations for human resources records and retrieve information as requested
- Assist in proving HR support services to staff on various inquiries such as medical , benefits,leave,bank,immigration etc
- Follow up of staff leave planning and documentation
- Support HR Department in the management of various HR tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline is preferred.
- Work experience in the Human Resources field is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Ability to meet objectives and delivery work in a timely fashion
- Ability to operate in a confidential environment and follow organizational policies and procedures related to HR.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status or disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 January 2021