Government of Pakistan has offered scholarships to students of least developed Commonwealth countries that include Bangladesh, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu and Zambia.
Following procedure will be followed:
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) would provide the eligibility criteria for admission in Bachelors, MS/M.Phil. and PhD degree programs in selected Pakistani universities.
- The students would apply through nominating agency, i.e. Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)/Department for International Development (DFID)/respective Governments through the Embassies of least developed countries of Commonwealth by mentioning the name of Pakistani universities (1st, 2nd & 3rd choice) and disciplines/choices where she/he wish to get admission.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)/Department for International Development (DFID)/respective Governments through the Embassies of least developed countries of Commonwealth would make the nomination / selection of students as per the eligibility criteria in coordination with HEC/respective University after meeting their admission bench marks (percentage). The data of nominated students will be shared with HEC. Nomination would be on competitive basis on highest academic merit.
- The applicant would be required to complete all requisite documents for university admission process.
- HEC would facilitate and coordinate with the student through Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)/Department for International Development (DFID)/respective Governments through the Embassies of least developed countries of Commonwealth for their enrollment in respective Pakistani universities in relevant discipline. HEC would share the list of nominated students with selected Pakistani universities for securing acceptance/provisional admission as per their choices. The received nominations would be forwarded to respective universities keeping in view the preference pledged by applicants, for placement as per eligibility & merit criteria of the university.
- After completion of all documentation, HEC would issue NOC for academic purposes only in favor of finally selected student to study in Pakistan.
- HEC PMU staff will coordinate with respective embassies, ministries including Foreign Office, Ministry of Interior and concerned Agencies for completing all formalities.
- Finally selected students would be enrolled in public sector universities by considering their admission choices (1st, 2nd & 3rd) at Pakistani universities.
Mode of Applying:
Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)/Department for International Development (DFID)/respective Governments through the Embassies of least developed countries of Commonwealth will coordinate with HEC and advertise the scholarship. The students of these countries will compete for award of scholarship, as per the eligibility criteria in coordination with HEC.
FOR TANZANIAN ; HOW TO APPLY VISIT THE LINK BELOW
Scholarships for MS/M.Phil Students (02 Years)
|Scholarship Heads ||Rate (Pakistani Rupees)|
|Tuition Fee per annum||60,000|
|Living Stipend per annum||240,000|
|Hostel Charges per annum||180,000|
|Book Allowance per annum||5,000|
|Air Ticket (Return)||Air ticket expenses will be reimbursed / paid by HEC
(Maximum up to PKR 150,000)
- No dual national is allowed, only students from least developed countries of Commonwealth are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must fulfill eligibility criteria of Pakistani Universities. As mode of teaching would be English, therefore, applicants should have passed IELTS or TOFEL.
- Moreover, candidates applying for Master’s degree must have completed Bachelor’s degree which have equivalency of 16 years viz. 04 years Bachelor’s degree program graduated from State recognized University and equated by Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.
- The major disciplines or subjects applied for Master’s degrees at Pakistani universities should be in the relevant major disciplines already studied by the applicant during their last degree program.
Four sets of the following documents will be required after nomination of applicants by sending/nominating country:
- HEC “Foreign Student Information Sheet” to be filled in & signed by the applicant
- All academic Certificates / Marks Sheets of School, College and University.
- Recent Photographs (Eight)
- Copy of Passport.
- Nomination letter by home country carrying photograph.
- NOC of concerned Embassy for studying in Pakistan
Nominated applicants would be enrolled in public sector universities preferably in the following:
|S. No.||Public Sector Pakistani Universities||Website (s)|
|1.||National University of Science & Technology (NUST), Islamabad||www.nust.edu.pk|
|2.||Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi||www.iba.edu.pk|
|3.||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad||www.qau.edu.pk|
|4.||National College of Arts, Lahore||www.nca.edu.pk|
|5.||PMAS-Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi,||www.uaar.edu.pk;|
|6.||University of Agriculture, Faisalabad||www.uaf.edu.pk|
|7.||University of Agriculture, Peshawar||www.aup.edu.pk|
|8.||Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam||www.sau.edu.pk|
|9.||University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore||www.uvas.edu.pk|
|10.||University of Engineering & Technology (UET), Lahore||www.uet.edu.pk|
|11.||University of Engineering & Technology (UET), Peshawar||www.uetpeshawar.edu.pk|
|12.||Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS), Quetta||www.buitms.edu.pk|
|13.||University of the Punjab, Lahore||www.pu.edu.pk|
|14.||University of Karachi||www.uok.edu.pk|
|15.||University of Peshawar||www.uop.edu.pk|
|16.||Bahria University, Islamabad||www.bahria.edu.pk|
|17.||COMSATS University, Islamabad||www.comsats.edu.pk|
|18.||International Islamic University, Islamabad||www.iiu.edu.pk|
|19.||Institute of Management Sciences (IMSciences), Peshawar||www.imsciences.edu.pk|
|20.||Sukkur IBA University||www.iba-suk.edu.pk|
|21.||Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi||www.fjwu.edu.pk|
|22.||Government College University, Lahore||www.gcu.edu.pk|
|23.||National Textile University, Faisalabad||www.ntu.edu.pk|
|24.||Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro||www.muet.edu.pk|
|25.||Any other Pakistani public university recognized by HEC||www.hec.gov.pk|
Duration of Degree:
- 24 months MS/MPhil degree program
Dates of Start of Degree Program:
- Fall session generally starts from August-September and Spring session starts from January-February.
Equivalence Criteria for Degrees:
- Equivalent to MS/MPhil programs in the light of Pakistan Qualification Framework
Other Relevant Information
After endorsement / NOC issued by HEC, the student would apply for a visa through Pakistan Embassy at respective country. She or he would submit the following documents:
- Student Visa Form
- Photocopy of passport
- Photographs (08)
- All relevant transcripts, diplomas, and other educational documents
- Acceptance / Admission letter from the Pakistani university applied to
- NOC issued by HEC before visa.
- NOC issued by respective Embassy at Islamabad to study in Pakistan
- Any other document if required by HEC / Pakistan Embassy at respective country.
- HEC would notify the enrollment / NOC to concerned university and Ministry for visa endorsement
- The visa would be processed through Pakistan Embassy at respective country.
- The visa, once issued, must be renewed annually, adhering to the country’s required/valid security clearance process.
Field of Studies:
For Commonwealth least developed countries, the fields include Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, Management and Business Education, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, and Natural Sciences/Physical Sciences.
- Age between 20 years to 35 years for MS / M.Phil. on or before the application deadline.
- Accommodation at university hostels will be provided by Pakistani universities
Travel Arrangement to Pakistan and Return:
- HEC will reimburse return economy airfare to students of least developed countries of Commonwealth.
For more information, please contact through e-mail:
Syed Kashif Jehan,
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad-Pakistan.
FOR TANZANIAN ; HOW TO APPLY VISIT THE LINK BELOW