CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS TENABLE AT KYUNDONG UNIVERSITY GLOBAL CAMPUS, SOUTH KOREA – SECOND COHORT SEPTEMBER, 2020 INTAKE
The general public is hereby informed that the Inter-University Council for East Africa is pleased to announce that the Kyungdong University is offering Undergraduate scholarships in:
- Smart Computing;
- Hotel management; and
- Business Administration.
- The duration of this scholarship will be four (4) years until completion of the undergraduate programme, subject to satisfactory performance each year;
- Language of instruction is English;
- Studies will be commencing in September, 2020;
- The scholarship is co-shared and comprises of:
(a) Kyungdong University component for:
- Tuition fees of USD 10,000 per year;
- Accommodation fees of USD 1600 per year;
(b) IUCEA component for:
- Return Economy class ticket at the beginning and end of every two years;
- Health insurance of USD 200 per year;
- Registration fees of USD 200 after selection;
- Upkeep and other living expenses estimated at USD 200 per month
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of and resident of Tanzania;
- Have completed form six or diploma during the academic year 2018 or 2019 with excellent results;
- Be proficient in English for applicants whose first language is not English. Applicants will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. The admission requirement is: IELTS 5.5 or IBT 71; and
- Applicants for Smart Computing must have excellent performance in mathematics and for Hotel Management and Business Administration must be excellent performance in any subject.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit either electronically or hard copies of the following documents to IUCEA office in Kampala, Uganda.
- Completed and signed application form;
- Certified true copies of academic certificates and transcripts. Provision results will only be acceptable if endorsed by the issuing National Agency;
- Recent passport photograph in colour of your full head and upper shoulders fixed on the application form.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae including names with contacts of two referees’ letters, of which one should be the Head of the Institution from where the student completed his/her secondary school; and
- A certified true copy of national identity card or passport.
Applicants should adhere to the following procedures:
- Download application form from IUCEA website: https://iucea.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/APPLICATION-FORM_IUCEA-KDU-SCHOLARSHIP-2019-2020-2nd-Cohort.pdf
- Submit the required documents indicated in the application form above. Please combine into one PDF file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller.
- Completed application forms and all the above required documents MUST be submitted by the 30th March, 2020 either electronically as PDF documents (in one folder) or hard copies. Please send to the address hereafter:
For inquires or any additional information please contact Dr. Benedict Mtasiwa, Head of Exchange Linkages and partnership email@example.com or Mr. Patrick Murenzi Senior Exchange and programmes officer firstname.lastname@example.org