World Economic Forum on Africa 2019 Startups Programme: world economic forum on the middle east and north africa 2019, mena world economic forum 2019, world economic forum jordan 2019, world economic forum 2019 dates, world economic forum on the middle east and north africa 2019, the 2019 men’s world economic forum was held in which of the following countries, world economic forum middle east 2019, 2019 mena world economic forum in which country
Deadline: August 5, 2019
Applications are open for the World Economic Forum on Africa 2019 Startups Programme. The 28th World Economic Forum on Africa aims to tackle issues affecting Africa by focusing on how to scale up the transformation of regional architecture related to smart institutions, investment, integration, industry and innovation.
Under the theme, Shaping Inclusive Growth and Shared Futures in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the meeting will address the African Union’s Agenda 2063 regional strategic priorities under four programme tracks:
Innovation: Readiness for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Cooperation: Sustainable Development & Environmental Stewardship
Growth: Digitalization & Competitive Industries
Stability: Leadership & Institutional Governance
The discussions will focus on key industries and build on the launch of the first African Affiliate Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in South Africa.
- Startup should be less than 10 years old;
- Have received more than $1 million in funding;
- Be headquartered in Africa and/or with a primary market focus on Africa;
- Be developing a product or service that makes a substantial long-term positive impact on business and society;
- Be considered a high-potential company in their field with a disruptive business model or significant product or service innovation;
- Not be a subsidiary or a joint venture;
- The chief executive officer/founder must represent the start‑up at the World Economic Forum on Africa 2019.